Category Archives: announcements
Hello my lovelies!
Last September, I celebrated an anniversary. Of the day that I moved to California and started a new life. It’s, to this day, one of the bravest things I’ve ever done. I’m extremely proud of the move, and can’t imagine my life had I not done it. To celebrate, the universe gave me this sunset:
Not bad, right?!
It was a day of reflection, and I then decided to throw all my energy into fully realizing my dreams. I wanted to do photography FULL-TIME. Big step, yes, but it’s my dream. Time to focus, people!
Two weeks ago, I let go of the safety net and left my day job. YIPPEEEE! (Yes, I’m jumping up and down while I type that!)
As part of my transition, I’m dusting off my website, Facebook page, and portfolios to make sure they fully reflect what I’m about. I. Can’t. Wait!!
In the meantime, please excuse the cyber-dust while things get up to par. This website will be here (always!) for you to see, but I ask that you *please visit my Facebook page* as that will be updated more often and with the latest and greatest work. If you’re on Facebook and want to make it easy, then ‘like’ my page and you’ll see updates on your news feed!
As always, you can still contact me via this website or at email@example.com for any questions or comments.
Things have been quiet on my site lately, and I apologize. I’ve been super busy taking lots of photos, meeting loads of great people, and (most recently) celebrating my birthday!!
I’m feeling festive and want to give people a gift so they can join me in celebrating another year gone by, so….
Follow me on Twitter for a special ONE DAY ONLY promo code with a big discount for my Etsy shop! It’ll be valid for Monday, March 5th ONLY.
I’m not posting the code here, and I’m not posting it on Facebook. This is a Twitter exclusive!!
Follow me ( @fullcircle_sd ) HERE.
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
My photos have been published!!
A handful of my photos from the food tour I documented in early December have been chosen to accompany an article on East County Magazine’s website. See the full article, photos and all, HERE!
If you missed my original post from the food tour, get all the details HERE.
How’s this for starting my week off right?
My dear friend Erica at Yogatations has featured me as the artist of the month for December!
I’m honored to get a spot on her roster of artists, and am myself a huge fan of her work. Please go check out her site and follow her work!
You can see my feature post HERE.
Gold stars for those that leave comments on her page too
I’ve been thinking lately. A lot. Mostly thinking about how to create and maintain the work that I love to do.
All this thinking has led to some exciting ideas that will start popping up in 2012, so buckle your seat belts, boys and girls!
One of those exciting ideas will be a photo feature on this website each month, showing you an amazing creative artist or small business owner that is deserving of some spotlight time You’ll get to know them as you would a new friend, and hopefully it will be the first of many times that you hear of them!
With this in mind, I’m looking to make loads of new friends to showcase in these photo features!
So this is an OPEN CALL to all creatives out there that want some online love! Since I take all the photos myself, it will need to be someone in Southern California (although there may be a chance to do an international feature mid-year. More on that to come!). So if you are:
-an artist or creative biz owner
-still in the early stages and looking to gain new exposure
-interested in having your work/process/life documented
-in the SoCal area
then contact me today!!!
There is no charge for this, just a mutual love of creativity and sharing good work with the world
If you know someone who fits the bill and may be interested, please share this post or pass along my contact info (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). I can then give more details about how it all works, and hopefully we can set a month to get you featured to the world!
I look forward to meeting some amazing folks out there!
I got an email several days ago from Juanita, of Juanita’s Photo Box, letting me know that I’d been nominated for the “Versatile Blogger Award”. It’s a chain of sorts, and is all about getting to know others and letting others get to know you. Love it!
Many thanks to Juanita of juanitasphotobox.com for sending some blog love my way!!
So here’s how it works. After giving thanks to the person who nominated you, you say 7 random things about yourself and then nominate 15 others (I’ll probably have a few less because I’m still a bit new to the blog world). Thanks have been given, so let’s move on to the 7 random things about myself:
1. I can’t sleep with sheets tucked in, and even untuck the top sheet/comforter in my hotel bed when traveling.
2. While traveling in Rome, I saw (all in the same day) the pope, the back of Bill Clinton’s head, a Chinese restaurant on fire, and a banana getting arrested.
3. Some of my favorite movies are Clue, Dumb & Dumber, Manhattan Murder Mystery, and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. There are some serious ones I love too, but the ones I listed are the ones I could watch over and over and over…
4. I was a handful as a child! I remember at least 2 times that I got my head stuck in between railing bars! haha
5. You know the thumbprint cookies? The peanut butter cookies w/ the hershey kiss on top? Yeah, I’ve perfected those. They come out awesome, every. single. time.
6. No, I don’t have a degree in photography. Yes, I know my way around a darkroom quite well. and I’m quite proud of both of those facts.
7. I knew how to work a cash register at the age of 10.
There, now you know me much better!
Now, on to nominate others…
1. ashinbleu BleuOiseau Photography’s blog. A fellow Etsian, photographer, and lover of awesomeness.
2. madelynnenehl Madelynne L. Nehl Photography’s blog. Not only are the photos lovely, but grouping of coordinating images is inspiring.
3. tamaraoutloud This one makes you think, but always in that “I’m so glad I stumbled across this post” sorta way.
4. lovelyhorribles The LovelyHorribles. food for thought, with a side of chuckle.
5. logyexpress A gal from Erie sharing her thoughts on life, career, and daily happenings. It’s like sitting down with an old friend for a chat
6. Steve McCurry’s blog. National Geographic photographer who not only captures amazing depth in his cultural photos, but he also manages to always put beautiful and perfectly fitting quotes alongside his images. A must see!
7. Gallery 32. Another fellow Etsian photographer that is worth checking out. Check out her TTV shots, they’re beautiful!!
Well, there you go. Get a little love, give a little love Please go check out the blogs I listed above and follow them. They are all very deserving!
Do you like me yet? “like” Full Circle Images on Facebook HERE Are you following me yet? “follow” Full Circle Images on Twitter HERE
My 10-yr-old niece and 4-yr-old nephew both love taking pictures! And now that Full Circle Images is growing, they are super excited to go out on photo adventures with me and get involved
We thought it’d be great to do a charity sale to celebrate their mad photo skills!!
Go to my Etsy shop and look on the left side for the section called “Charity Sale”. The items will also say “CHARITY SALE” in the title. We’ll donate 100% of the profit to a charity of their choice! We’re hoping this will be an ongoing project, so we’ll start off with one charity and then rotate every six months or so.
The first charity will actually be one of our local missions. All profits from these prints will go to fund the growth of the Spanish library at the Mission San Luis Rey de Francia, in Oceanside, CA. They have a small library right now, but they barely have any Spanish materials. In an area where Spanish is widely spoken, this is obviously a problem. We’re hoping to help them get funds to buy some more books for their shelves!
To help get things going, I’m offering a 20% discount for the whole month of October! Use the code ‘CHARITY1011′ at checkout to get the discount. It can be used for any item in my shop, but please keep in mind the charity items when shopping.